IDERA has recently updated the license library for all the products. In some situations, customers may see a license prompt upon launching the console. In order to resolve this issue, please follow the steps listed below.
- Download the copy of License4Net.dll version 22.214.171.124 that corresponds to your version of Windows from the below link.
- Log on to the server running the IDERA software and navigate to the installation directory (e.g. C:Program FilesIderaSQLEJM) and then into the CollectionService subdirectory.
- Rename the existing copy of License4Net.dll to License4Net.dll.old.
- Copy the downloaded License4Net.dll into the installation directory next to the file that was just renamed.
- Restart the Idera SQLEnterpriseJobManager Collection Service.
- If you are running an older version of Windows, namely Windows Server 2008 R2 or earlier, you must also manually apply the prerequisite, ‘Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update’ using the following instructions:Note: This should not require a system reboot.Copy and paste the following Microsoft link into your browser and select the correct version for your operating system’s bit architecture.
- You may find that one or more failed or closed sessions of the service remains running in memory from before the application of the new DLL file. If you do, please kill that session in Task Manager.