I have started working with SQLdm (10.2.0.3269 Trial version) this week and I can able to monitor the SQL servers without any issues. 🙂
Yesterday, I have started with alerts configuration and creating alert response actions.
– I can configure the alert thresholds from the Default template and it works like a charm.
– But Alert response is not actually working as expected. Below are the description about my requirement and issue.
Need to run/trigger a script on any alerts severity change.
I have configured below Action providers:
– Powershell Action Provider with script directly,
– SQL Agent Job by creating SQL Agent Job which in turn execute the PS script
– Program action by launching Powershell and executing a locally saved PS script.
But none of the above actions get triggered on alert creation or alert severity change.
Please help me out with this issue.