We are pleased to announce the general availability of SQL Safe 8.2. Existing users may upgrade to this version through the Idera Customer Portal. New users may download the trial version from the Idera Website.
What’s New in SQL Safe 8.2?
Enhanced Web Console
We have added additional functionality, based on the current Windows Console these include:
- Updated Alert Widgets with available actions
- SQL Safe Backup Agent connection failure
- SQL Safe Backup Agent upgrade needed
- Databases never backed up
- Expanded user management of monitored SQL Server instances
- Upgrade agents
- Install agents
- Policy Creation
- Expanded user management of SQL Safe backup agents
- Enhanced Administration Views
- Agent deployment preferences
- Policy data
Policy Wizards and Policy Management
The Web Console now contains a Policy Management feature for managing policies that have been created. There are wizards for creating backup, restore and log shipping policies.
- When selecting create policy from the Managed Policies screen a wizard will guide the user through the creation of backup, restore and log shipping policies.
- When selecting “edit policy” the wizard displays the current settings for a policy with the ability to modify these settings.
Amazon S3 Storage Support
- The user is able to choose Amazon S3 as the location for a backup. This allows you to do on premise backup of your database but store the backup file(s) in Amazon S3.
- The user is able to choose Amazon S3 as the location of their backup file when doing a restore. This allows you to restore to an on premise instance a database from a backup file(s) located in Amazon S3.
Expanded CLI Functionality
New Extensions have been added to execute the following functions:
- Policy Management
- Create New Policies
- Update Policy
- Deploy new databases to existing policies
- Point-in-Time Restore
- Object Level Recovery