We are pleased to announce the general availability of SQL Safe 8.3 IDERA's premier backup tool. Existing users may upgrade to this version through the Idera Customer Portal. New users may download the trial version from the Idera Website. This release includes the following features:
What’s New in Safe 8.3?
- The ability to commonly manage instances across IDERA products from CWF/dashboard administration is now available.
- We have enhanced user management by adding the ability to assign roles to users. These roles are:
- product admin – can edit configuration settings as well as full functionality
- product user – can add instances, perform all functions of product
- product guest – can only view status information
- Create a new policy by copying an existing policy.
- Allows you to create a policy and then clone it to make minor changes.
Azure Blob Storage Support.
- Backup on premise databases to Azure Blob storage
- Restore on premise databases from backup files located on Azure Blob storage.
- Increased performance over using native backup to Azure Blob storage.
Tivoli Storage Manager striped backup support. Use TSM's ability to create striped backups to multiple devices with a Safe backup.