Datastore Doesn't Start On Migrated Up.time

by Mar 5, 2015

Hello, again 😀


So I have migrated my Up.Time 7.4 from a Windows 7 machine to a SLES 11.3 server. Starting up the new installation works fine. I copied the datastore from the old server to the new server, according to this article:


The datastore (mysql) does not start once the copy is in place. When trying to start the datastore the below pasted error is displayed in /usr/local/uptime/datastore/data/servername.err

150305 07:05:34 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/uptime/datastore/data/
150305 7:05:34 [Note] Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled.
150305 7:05:34 InnoDB: The InnoDB memory heap is disabled
150305 7:05:34 InnoDB: Mutexes and rw_locks use GCC atomic builtins
150305 7:05:34 InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.3
150305 7:05:34 InnoDB: Using Linux native AIO
150305 7:05:34 InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, size = 2.0G
150305 7:05:34 InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool
InnoDB: Error: log file ./ib_logfile0 is of different size 0 20971520 bytes
InnoDB: than specified in the .cnf file 0 536870912 bytes!
150305 7:05:34 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' init function returned error.
150305 7:05:34 [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed.
150305 7:05:34 [ERROR] Unknown/unsupported storage engine: InnoDB
150305 7:05:34 [ERROR] Aborting

150305 7:05:34 [Note] /usr/local/uptime/mysql/bin/mysqld: Shutdown complete

150305 07:05:34 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /usr/local/uptime/datastore/data// ended

I have made sure that ownership is uptime:uptime, but it is not a permissions error. The error indicates that the log file has an unexpected size, and that the InnoDB is an unknown/unsupported storage Engine.


If I move back the default installed datastore which I did backup first, and try again it starts up just fine.


I have been looking around in the .CNF files related to this, but I am not sure in which one or what to change:


I suspect that there’s more steps to be taken when migrating from Windows to Linux then just copy the datastore, but it is not covered in the KB article.


Asking kindly for advice.