The September edition of DBArtisan tips and techniques covered three tips for using DBArtisan.
- DataSource Navigator
- DBArtisan Utilities
- Full DB Power Studio suite
You can view a recording of the event here: September Tips and Tricks
The Datasource Navigator provides a hierarchy that descends from the datasource level to the level of individual database objects. It provides a visual method for navigating or drilling down through a datasource. From the Navigator, you can connect to and disconnect, from datasources as well as browse, filter, and initiate other actions against objects in all supported datasources on your network.
DBArtisan Utilities let you migrate schema and table data between databases on the same or different servers. Similarly, you can build and store a schema extraction script. Both features employ a wizard that walks you through the process and make use of similar options.
DB Power Studio is a powerful suite of tools to assist a DBA in managing databases across multiple platforms with a single Pane-of-Glass. DB PowerStudio combines four innovative solutions to help build and maintain mission-critical database applications, streamline the database change management process, and quickly pinpoint and fix performance bottlenecks.
Perform Multi-platform Database Administration
- Manage multiple platforms (Oracle, SQL Server, Db2, Sybase) from one UI
- Proactively manage space, data and performance with built-in analytics
- Easily find and fix performance issues using intelligent diagnostics
- Move schema and table data across different platforms with ease
- Protect data security with view, grant and revoke of permissions
DB Change Manager
Automate and Manage Complex Database Schema Changes
- Quickly roll out and reconcile database changes
- Reveal, track, and report on database changes
- Comply with database audit and reporting requirements
- Protect data privacy within the database environment
- Track changes from multiple major database platforms
Automate SQL Tuning and Profiling
- Streamline tuning of SQL code on major DBMSs from one interface
- Tune SQL like a pro with automated performance optimization suggestions
- Tackle complex SQL queries with visual SQL tuning diagrams
- Pinpoint problem SQL with database profiling of wait-time analysis
- Load test alternative SQL queries in simulated production environment
Develop SQL Code More Efficiently
- Create high-performing SQL code on major DBMSs from one interface
- Easily build complex SQL statements with visual query builder
- Quickly construct, analyze and execute SQL code with code analyst
- Simplify debugging SQL code, functions, and stored procedures
- Collaborate effectively across development teams with version control
DB PowerStudio is available in two editions: The DB PowerStudio DBA edition includes all four of the products listed above. The DB PowerStudio Developer edition includes Rapid SQL, DB Optimizer and DB Change Manager.
Register for our next Tips and Techniques demo here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/rt/8391768911593950475