The June edition of DBArtisan tips and techniques covered three tips for using DBArtisan.
- Controlling security across multiple instances
- Using projects to organize your work
- Using Visual query builder.
Users, profiles and permissions can be propagated across multiple databases/instances easily using DBArtisan's Script Execution Facility. This tool will allow a DBA to execute security settings across multiple databases and/or schemas.
A DBArtisan project generally includes SQL script files that you can maintain and create in unison with your database administration and development cycle. Projects can also contain subfolders. You can create projects manually by inserting existing SQL script files. You can also create projects automatically by reverse-engineering a database schema or an existing version control project.
The Query Builder provides a visual display of your queries as you construct them. You can run Query Builder against any registered datasource. Query Builder lets you build five separate types of queries simultaneously:
- Building a SELECT Statement
- Building an INSERT Statement
- Building an UPDATE Statement
- Building a DELETE Statement
- Building a CREATE VIEW Statement
Register for our next Tips and Techniques demo here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/rt/8391768911593950475