We are pleased to announce the general availability (GA) of IDERA ER/Studio 18.4
ER/Studio 18.4 contains core product support for the Snowflake database in both Data Architect and Team Server. Customers using this database platform will benefit significantly from this release. We have also added additional features for the PostgreSQL platform.
ER/Studio Data Architect 18.4
Improvements to Data Architect were made in the following areas:
- Snowflake Support
- Reverse engineer direct from Snowflake database
- Import from SQL file
- Generate Snowflake SQL file
- Generate alter script from Compare/Merge operation
- Table persistence and clustering keys
- Snowflake data types.
- Support for Snowflake features:
- Materialized Views
- Additional Logical Datatype support
- User Defined Datatype file merge tool. Ability to merge user defined datatypes from previous installed versions of ER/Studio.
- PostgreSQL Support
- Additional datatypes such as RANGE and ARRAY
- Support for Sequence objects
- Bug Fixes
Team Server/Repository 18.4
Improvements to Team Server were made in the following areas:
- Support for Snowflake models
- Bug fixes
There were no changes to ER/Studio Business Architect and Software Architect, both of which retain the 18.0 version number.
Note. All 18.x clients and servers are cross compatible, however, users taking advantage of the new Snowflake platform must use the latest 18.4 version of both Team Server and Data Architect.
Note. The Data Architect Viewer has also been updated to handle the new platforms in Data Architect.
Detailed release notes can be found in our product documentation pages:
ER/Studio Enterprise Team Edition