ER/Studio 19.2 delivers a whole new approach to modelling hierarchical structures such as document-based NoSQL platforms and file formats, with support for MongoDB and JSON instance and schema files. This allows ER/Studio clients to extend their enterprise data management practices to include developer roles building MongoDB and JSON.
ER/Studio Data Architect 19.2
Improvements to Data Architect were made in the following areas:
- Improved Support for MongoDB
- support for MongoDB v4.4
- New Platform support for JSON files which extends the market for ER/Studio
- with import and file generation
- supports JSON instance and Schema files
- Support for Hierarchical Models (MongoDB & JSON)
- Improved visualisation of hierarchical structures with rolled-up views
- Improved rapid creation of hierarchical structures through keyboard entry
- Improved generation of hierarchical models from logical models
- Improved Compare/Merge between logical and physical hierarchical models
- Improved creation of logical models from physical hierarchical models
Team Server/Repository 19.2
Improvements to Team Server were made in the following areas:
- Data Catalog
- New UI that allows clients to build an organised list of data assets and attach data models to them to provide a business-friendly data catalog that supports a data governance project and provides additional value of data models.
- Oracle Repository Performance Improvements
- We have improved the performance for large numbers of models in the repository improving the customer experience for those clients running Team Server on Oracle.
- Collibra integration
- Support for model attachments to be mapped to Collibra properties and added the ability to publish Entity to Table relationships to Collibra increasing the contribution to the data governance project of data architects.
- Also numerous quality improvements to the Collibra integration
Business Architect 19.0
There were no changes to ER/Studio Business Architect, which will retain the 19.0 version number.
There were no changes to ER/Studio Software Architect, which will retain the 18.0 version number.
There is a What’s New video demonstrating the new features on YouTube and also in the Resource Centre. There is also a more detailed video describing how the new hierarchical functions work on YouTube and the Resource Center. There will be a live webcast on June 14th, register here.
Detailed release notes can be found in our product documentation pages: