The rise of cloud environments has afforded organizations many benefits. Businesses can save money, remain flexible, and take advantage of computing capabilities far beyond the reach of their on-premises data centers.
But these advantages can come with new complexities of their own in the form of an increasingly diversified computing landscape that needs to be addressed by a company’s information technology (IT) staff.
Many database administrators (DBAs) supporting SQL Server instances are well aware of the challenges associated with monitoring physical and virtual machines spread out across on-premises data centers and the cloud.
This task is further complicated by the differences that need to be addressed between monitoring traditional SQL Server databases and monitoring managed cloud instances in Azure SQL Database or Amazon RDS for SQL Server.
A Versatile Tool for Monitoring Any SQL Server Instance
IDERA’s SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server is a comprehensive tool DBAs can use to monitor the availability, health, and performance of any SQL Server instance no matter where it lives.
Using a unified tool to monitor the complete SQL Server environment aids team productivity and saves on licensing fees and installation time. The following are some of the features offered by SQL Diagnostic Manager.
- Teams can monitor their physical, virtual, and cloud-managed SQL Server instances from a single unified platform.
- An overview of the environment can be quickly displayed with drill down capabilities to investigate specific SQL Server instances.
- CPU, memory, and disk usage can be monitored to help avoid unexpected resource shortages.
- Customizable alerts can be set up based on industry best practices or to reflect business requirements.
- Alerts can be generated and sent to specific users or groups and certain alert responses can be automated.
- Lock, blocks, and deadlocks can be identified and investigated to determine the root cause of the problem.
- Historical trends can be analyzed to help avoid future problems and tune performance to address fluctuating user demands.
- Real-time and historical data can be viewed and problems resolved from anywhere with web browser, smartphone, and tablet access.
- Flexible reporting capabilities using predefined and customized reports can be deployed to SQL Server Reporting Services.
Attend an Informative and Free Webinar
An IDERA webinar demonstrating SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server’s top features and showing how to get the tool up and running quickly is scheduled for Tuesday, October 26, 20201 from 11 AM to 12 PM EDT. You are invited to register for the event to learn about this productive tool for supporting SQL Server environments.
The webinar will be presented by Justin Wilkes, a Sales Engineer with IDERA. Registered participants can help tailor the discussion by asking questions that will be answered during the presentation. Registrants will be able to view a recording of the webinar even if they can’t attend it live.
The webinar promises to be a great introduction to SQL Diagnostic Manager for SQL Server and give viewers a taste of what the tool offers a database team to enhance the monitoring and maintenance of their SQL Server environment. Sign up today!