We are delighted to announce the release of MONyog 4.5. Listed below are some noteworthy features:
- You did get to know about what needs attention in Monitors/Advisors, but how about looking at all the alerts that need attention grouped on their severity for a certain period? This is what event is all about. An event occurs when the status of a counter changes. Keep your events tab open & you see MONyog alerting you – may it be "server availability" or "replication failure" or many other umpteen things that need attention.
- Many a times, MONyog shows an alert to bring your attention, but you are OK with that & don't want to fix it. Just close the event & it will appear only when it becomes alert-able again. This is a nice way to accept & dismiss events, so that you can start with a clean slate with a baseline for normal acitivity for that instance.
- This one is a real time saver. You register a master & MONyog automatically registers all its slaves. If there are recursive slaves, well yes, they are auto-registered too. This feature is smart to indent slaves according to the hierarchy in the list of servers page. Note that MONyog assumes MySQL (port, username & password) and the SSH details of the slaves are same as that of its master. Once registered, you can edit connection details of slaves if it is different from master & get them monitored by MONyog.
- Long locked queries can cause havoc. With this release you can get alerted whenever a query results in longer locks. You can also ask MONyog to kill long locked queries as and when it happens. These options are present in process-list based sniffer.
- Groups of counters in Monitors/Advisors can now be enabled or disabled for a specific server. Before this release enabling/disabling affected all servers that are being monitored.
This release also contains many more enhancements & bug fixes. Refer the following release notes for details:
MONyog customers can download the latest installer from Webyog’s Customer Portal.
To evaluate MONyog, please download the 30-day trial.
We are very excited about this release, and hope that you will like it. We would love to hear from you.