Table statistics maintenance is an important part of overall SQL Server administration. DBAs understand a common cause of query performance problems come from rapidly changing data. By design, databases have an option to auto update statistics, but when data is changing rapidly the statistics can get stale and impact query performance.
Today Idera announces its latest free tool SQL Update Statistics.This free tool simplifies the process of finding and updating out-of-date SQL Server table statistics in an easy to understand and use UI. Here’s a few descriptors of functionality to give you an idea of what it can do:
- Reviews the current state of the table and index statistics to determine if they need to be updated.
- Shows current automatic update statistics settings for the monitored database.
- Select database properties and table statistics to update, as well as, when to update statistics and sample size.
- Displays a clean graphical view of each column’s statistics. Find out when statistics were last updated and what has changed since the last update.
- Easily point and click to rebuild table and index statistics.
To learn more or to download the free tool, visit the SQL Update Statistics product page. You can also visit the product forum to leave comments and chat with others about the tool.