Precise keeps a rolling three year history. Some shops value this duration because it includes multiple quarter-end and year-end processing windows. For others, they never look back beyond a year. The duration retained is configurable in Precise’s AdminPoint. Set it to meet your goals.
Likewise, in Precise’s alerting interface, Precise shows a history of samples with a date and timestamp. If an alert condition is tested often, rendering the alert history can take time. These instructions show how to change the duration of history presented; thereby, speeding up Precise’s alert GUI.
1. Go to the Precise Root Folder.
2. Go to the location: <precise_root>productspulsepulsefocalfocalpointdataretrieverresource.
3. Locate the file: overTimeGraphMetricResource.xml. Please email bill.ellis@IDERA.com for a copy.
4. Take a backup of this file into a folder outside this location: for e.g.: <precise_root>backup.
5. Replace the file in the location <precise_root>productspulsepulsefocalfocalpointdataretrieverresource.
6. Restart all the Precise services.