We are pleased to announce the general availability of SQL Diagnostic Manager 10.1. Existing users may upgrade to this version through the Idera Customer Portal. New users may download the trial version from the Idera Website. This release includes the following features:
What’s New in Diagnostic Manager 10.1?
- SCOM Alert Response Action. Use the full control of alert response action conditions to define which specific alerts are escalated to SCOM and whether they are sent as SCOM events or SCOM alerts. Multiple rules can be defined to be as specific as required.
- Independent scheduling of baselines. Define and schedule any number of baseline periods to measure what is normal performance for that time period. View relevant baseline in effect in various metric graphs plus enable alerting and recommendations to review thresholds. The new functionality is covered in more detail here.
- Customized Heatmap. The health index calculations used for determining instance priority in the SQL Diagnostic Manager heatmap can now be modified to user preferences. That includes weighting groups of instances or individual instances higher or lower to aid in triage managing large numbers of instances.
- Powershell Integration Enhancements. Powershell is a common tool used for automating and scripted management of SQL Server environments and the existing integrations have been improved in two ways:
- Powershell Snap-in Enhancements – Additional administrative actions for SQL Diagnostic Manager are now available as cmdlets to expand the actions that can be scripted externally.
- Powershell Alert Response Action – Any Powershell script can now be easily invoked in response to any alert response rule to automate corrective actions or integration with other programs.
- Query Waits Alert Response Action. Query Wait collection can now be temporarily be activated in response to particular alerts. This functionality can be used in conjunction with the existing Query Monitor Alert Response Action.
- Simplified Install. The installation of all components of SQL Diagnostic Manager, including IDERA Dashboard, is now one integrated process and components can be easily selected or deselected for distributed installations. Silent install is also supported for scripted deployments.
Questions or comments? Please let us know in the SQL Diagnostic Manager forum.