We are pleased to announce the general availability of SQL Diagnostic Manager 10.2.1. Existing users may upgrade to this version through the Idera Customer Portal. New users may download the trial version from the Idera Website. This release includes the following features:
What’s New in Diagnostic Manager 10.2.1?
This release adds the capability previously added in SQL Diagnostic Manager 10.2 to the browser interface in IDERA Dashboard.
- Time-based drilldown in SQL Diagnostic Manager. Select any time range on any graph to zoom in for more detail and isolate that time range as you navigate to other graphs.
- History Range Control. Choose the range being displayed with a common control to specify start date and time and end date and time or select the most recent history.
- Performance Improvements. Extensive scalability and user productivity improvements.
In addition, a new configurable instance overview summary page with direct drilldown to more detail has been added.
- SDM Pro Instance Overview – Combined information from various components of SDM and SQL Workload Analysis in a single overview with launch points to the respective components.
- Alert and Health Summary – High level summary panels with drilldown to alert details
- Prescriptive Analysis Summary – Recommendations by category with drilldown.
- Alert Timeline – Broken down to alert categories and configurable.
- SQL Workload Timeline – Based on aggregate query waits performance.
- Configurable Instance Summary Graphs – Select which instance summary graphs to display and how they are ordered. Vertically aligned to time correlate multiple performance metrics
Integrated Workflow with SQL Workload Analysis
SQL Diagnostic Manager allows you now to launch SQL Workload Analysis in context of your monitored server from the desktop console and the IDERA Dashboard.
SQL Workload Analysis dashboard displays trending database activity and top utilizing SQL statements, logins, machines, and programs.
Launch in context links between SQL Diagnostic Manager and SQL Workload Analysis, both can be launch to the same time range selection in either product.
Simply, click the icon Launch SWA, located in the top right corner of the Desktop Console to be redirected to SWA Dashboard.
The SWA launch icon is available in the SQLDM web console list sub-view.
Time-based drilldown in SQL Diagnostic Manager
In both Windows Client and IDERA Dashboard, select any time range on any graph available and zoom in for more detail and isolate that time range as you navigate to other graphs.
To select any time range, follow these steps:
- Click the graph (Use any graph in the SQLDM desktop console or SQLDM web interface).
- Hold the left mouse button on the time position that is needed.
- Drag it to the left or to the right, and release the button.
History Range Control
SQL Diagnostic Manager also includes a New History Range Control, located at the top of the Web Console and in the option History Browser in the Desktop Console, both can be modified and be designated a specific start time and date as well as current snapshot.
The same sort of control is available in the IDERA Dashboard as well.
SQL Diagnostic Manager Pro Instance Overview
The new overview screen shows combined information from various components of SQL Diagnostic Manager and SQL Workload Analysis in a single overview with launch points to the respective components.
The single instance overview in SQL Diagnostic Manager web interface has a new dynamic overview page, which uses key information from both products (when the instance is monitored by SQLDM and SWA).
- Alert and Health Summary – This box shows the health index, alert status, and user sessions from SQL Diagnostic Manager.
- Also, includes shortcuts to filter data through Sessions, Queries, Resources, and Databases.
- Prescriptive Analysis Summary – The prescriptive summary shows the previous analysis information and the resulting recommendations summary.
- On the right side of the screen, the web console displays the Server Properties.
- Alert Timeline – This graph shows a summary of the alert categories, CPU, Memory, I/O, Databases, Logs, Queries, Services, Sessions, Virtualization, Operational and Custom. This graph is color-coded depending on the status of the alerts inside each category.
- SQL Workload Timeline – The web console overview displays the Total DB Trending.
- Click the graph to either drilldown to a different time range or to be redirected to SWA.
- Configurable Instance Summary Graphs – Select which instance summary graphs to be displayed and how they are ordered. They are vertically aligned to time correlate multiple performance metrics.
The list sub-view in the IDERA Dashboard also has a new display to help users to quickly identify the health status of the monitored instances, to navigate to the single instance dashboard, to quickly detect which instances are registered in SQL Workload Analysis, to have fast access to SWA interface whenever an instance is registered in this product, and to have a faster access to the active alerts and their status.
The new display helps to enable a faster operational and transactional diagnosis.
Questions or comments? Please let us know in the SQL Diagnostic Manager forum.