We are pleased to announce the general availability of SQL Diagnostic Manager 10.5. Existing users may upgrade to this version through the Idera Customer Portal. New users may download the trial version from the Idera Website.
What’s New in Diagnostic Manager 10.5?
This release of SQL Diagnostic Manager brings multiple usability improvements and extends support for database-as-a-service deployments in cloud environments. The release includes multiple valuable features to increase DBA efficiency with improved alert management and reduced false positives, helping DBAs do more with expanded Prescriptive Analysis including many new recommendations for instances on premises and in the cloud (while improving usability with increased control options), and increased DM service performance and scale, benefitting many of our large enterprise customers.
- Cloud Database Dashboard – New dashboards for DBaaS instances (Azure SQL, Amazon RDS) using current collections.
- Prescriptive Analytics – The user interface has been simplified for a more intuitive workflow. An updated recommendation engine incorporates more recommendations into DM, including added Cloud DBaaS recommendations, sourced from SQL Server MVPs.
- Increased Scale and Reduced Server Overhead – Greatly reduced CPU utilization and SQL Server read operations has been achieved for larger deployments
- Alert Optimizations – All enhancements have a unifying theme of reducing false positive notifications and improving the user experience for optimizing alerts for their specific environments and needs.
- Revised Templates – Three new templates are now available with expert-reviewed thresholds to simplify initial alert tuning for on-boarding.
- Alert Priority – Alert priority levels have been updated for all existing alerts and have been exposed for user customization.
- Priority Alert Response Action – New condition option to create alert response actions based on the unique importance of each alert.
- Cloud/DBaaS Alert Templates – New alert templates specific to cloud DBaaS monitoring with fifteen newDBaaS alerts as well.
- Alert Template Reports – Report on alert templates used by each instance and which alerts have been updated from default settings making it easier to maintain proper alert settings for large DM installations.
- Baseline Alerts – Separate alerts as a percentage of calculated baselines. Multiple baselines can be defined and scheduled for time of day and day of the week.
- Improved Filtering – Added filter option to reduce false positives and permit adjustment of default setting and setting by alert. Filter by percentage of time over a period exceeding threshold.
In addition to these improvements, the release includes thirty-nine other customer feature requests and bug fixes and officially supports SQL Server 2019.
For more detailed information on the new features and functions, see the SQL Diagnostic Manager 10.5 Preview .