We are pleased to announce the general availability of SQL Diagnostic Manager 10.6. Existing users may upgrade to this version through the Idera Customer Portal. New users may download the trial version from the Idera Website.
With this release and beyond, IDERA will continue to focus on the parallel initiatives of:
- Modernizing and improving usability and performance of our user interfaces in general.
- Extending support of DBaaS platforms while maintaining a consistent user experience with managing on-premises SQL Server instances as much as possible.
- Maintaining a flow of customer fixes and feature requests on a consistent basis.
What’s New in Diagnostic Manager 10.6?
This release of SQL Diagnostic Manager features the start of a modernization initiative for the SQL Diagnostic Manager interface and a new option for custom collections from Azure system counters. (Expect further Azure enhancements in version 11.0) The release includes multiple valuable features to increase DBA efficiency through a more optimized user experience and improve extensibility through further enhancement of custom counter capability.
- New Improved User Interface:
- Improved workflow through a reorganized layout
- Intuitive range control available for historical or real-time analysis
- Searchable drop-down instance name navigation without changing drilldown eases the search of monitored instances and facilitates comparisons across instances.
- Advanced sessions filters by application or host adds to powerful analysis options including drag-and drop “Group By” options for all session attributes and metrics.
- Maximize Usable Screen Area through collapsible navigation panel that can also be undocked for multi-screen environments.
- Search Bar for instances, tags, and views for larger environments when scrolling is inconvenient.
- Access Azure Monitor counters for custom collections in Azure SQL environments for maximum extensibility.
Look for further improvements in coming releases both in the area of Azure SQL Platform-as-a- Service and in the user experience modernization which will incorporate more of the user feedback we have received.