We are very excited to announce that Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio 10.3 Rio are now available.
One of our most significant releases yet, Rio introduces many new features in the IDE, making it more effective and pleasant to use, and significantly improves our customers’ ability to build Windows 10 and multi-device applications. It also provides an updated RAD Server for developers’ micro-service architectures, C++ 17 for Windows 32-bit and great new enhancements to the Delphi language. These new features along with performance and stability improvements in all of the product areas make 10.3 Rio a version not to miss.
Key RAD Studio 10.3 Features:
- New Language Features for Delphi and C++
- The first additions to the Delphi language in several years, the new Delphi language features provide more flexibility when coding, and address top Delphi language feature requests from our power users
- C++17 for Win32 support: Part of our progressive compiler upgrade, developers can now use the latest C++ language features and compiler optimization for better and faster code, and make use of more third-party C++ libraries to reduce coding when targeting our most used C++ platform, Windows 32-bit
- Extensive IDE Modernization
- RAD Studio 10.3 includes a new light theme and an updated dark theme, and an improved look and feel of the main window and several key dialogs for a more modern style with an emphasis on readability and usability for long periods of time
- Significantly improved code completion for C++, providing better results for developer productivity, using a new asynchronous architecture to allow users to keep typing as results are calculated
- Key Windows Enhancements
- With the new VCL High DPI ImageList control in 10.3, developers building VCL Windows applications can fully support multi-resolution, pixel perfect images on all controls, as well as any custom drawing requiring scaled images for multiple resolution monitors
- We’ve also expanded the number of Windows APIs that VCL and FireMonkey developers can use in their applications, including a new ready-to-use component for enabling in-app purchases and trial mode in Windows 10 Store apps
- Key FireMonkey Platform Enhancements
- Android Z-Order support in RAD Studio 10.3 provides support for FireMonkey styled controls such as buttons, labels, and checkboxes with natively rendered controls like the browser and map control on the same form
- Native presentation for TCalendar, TEdit and TSwitch on Android for better user interface interaction and performance
- Developers can now build Android applications that meet Google’s new requirement of targeting API level 26 and iOS applications that support iOS 12
- Expanded RAD Server Support
- Our multi-tier solution includes new ready to use components for mapping database queries to URL resources, offering direct response JSON production with no additional coding required by the developer. This also speeds up the process of building RAD Server backends for Sencha Ext JS web applications.
We’ve also made some exciting changes to our Architect edition, including a number of Idera portfolio products in the highest edition of our developer tools offering. Both Enterprise and Architect edition now also include an IBToGo deployment license for mobile.
- What’s New in 10.3 Product Page
- 10.3 DocWiki
- 10.3 Feature Matrix
- Publicly reported bugs fixed in 10.3
10.3 Blog Posts: