Upgrade your license library if required
Should you determine that you have a problem with your SQL Secure license keys, please follow the procedure below to replace your license key library (DLL) with a newer one provided by the IderaUpdate Utility.
- Regardless of the method used, all consoles must be CLOSED before updating the DLL.
- Please check Task Manager to ensure that all IDERA product related processes are closed.
IderaUpdate only replaces the License4Net.dll. It makes no other changes to your installation.
PREFERRED METHOD – Use IderaUpdate to replace License4Net.dll
IderaUpdate is available at http://downloadfiles.idera.com/products/update/IderaUpdate.zip
- Download the IderaUpdate utility into a temporary directory on each machine that hosts the IDERA product’s services and desktop clients.
- Extract all the contents of the zip file.
- Double click the IderaUpdate application
- Choose SQL Secure
- Choose x64 for 64 bit installation (most common)
Choose x86 for 32 bit installation (uncommon)
- Set the path for the IDERA product installation directory. The default is %INSTALLFOLDER%IderaSQLsecurebin
- The path is the directory that contains the file License4Net.dll
- Click Run Update
The update can then be verified by navigating to the install directory and verifying the version of License4Net.dll
- Right click on License4Net.dll
- Product version on the Details tab will be 184.108.40.206
- If the component host machine is Windows Server 2008 R2, then Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) Version 8.0.61000 is REQUIRED.
- Copy and paste the following Microsoft link to your browser and select the correct version for your operation system's bit architecture. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26347
- Once you have run the update (and if applicable updated the redistributable file), start the IDERA product as normal.
Additional Option – Manually replace License4Net.dll
- Down the copy of License4Net.dll version 220.127.116.11 that corresponds to your version of Windows.
- Log on to the server running the Idera software and navigate to the installation directory. The path is %INSTALLFOLDER%IderaSQLsecurebin
- Rename the existing copy of License4Net.dll to License4Net.dll.old
- Copy the downloaded License4Net.dll into the installation directory next to the file that was just renamed.
- Once you have replaced the DLL File, start the IDERA product as normal.
If you still experience an issue, please review the steps again and contact email@example.com for additional assistance.