We are excited to announce the release of SQL Compliance Manager 5.8.
SQL Compliance Manager is the industry leading SQL Server auditing solution that dramatically lowers the cost for companies to maintain database compliance standards and confidently prepares for compliance audits. With single button selections, SQL Compliance Manager configures SQL Servers to capture the data required for compliance with regulatory standards such as GDPR, HIPAA, PCI, CIS, SOX, DISA/STIG, NERC and FERPA. That data is efficiently and securely stored in the Compliance Manager Repository and audit reports are provided to demonstrate the resulting compliance status. A flexible system of alerting rules allow alerts to be generated across a broad range of significant, suspicious or undesired activities.
What’s New in SQL Compliance Manager 5.8?
The SQL Compliance Manager 5.8 release is focused on providing significant performance and scalability improvements with cost benefits for both small and large customers installations.
- The SQL Compliance Manager server monitored instance scale is increased.
- The SQL Compliance Manager server storage requirements are decreased.
- The SQL Compliance Manager console and report performance is improved.
- The performance impact on systems being monitored is decreased.
- The SQL Compliance Manager console has numerous areas where long delays have been removed.
The Default Event Capture Mechanism Has Been Changed to Extended Events
This change provides a significant performance improvement for SQL Compliance Manager event collection as well as lowering the performance impact on monitored instances.
New Storage and Index Strategy for the CM Repository
This release introduces an optimized index format resulting in greatly reduced storage requirements while significantly boosting the efficiency of SQL Server buffer cache memory and storage operations. SQL Compliance Manager Console operations and report performance benefit greatly from this change while increased event volumes from larger enterprise deployments receive streamlined event storage performance.
- Customers can access the new version via the IDERA Customer Portal.
- New customers can access the trial version via the IDERA website.
- Documentation for this new release is available via the documentation wiki.
- Product Webpage
- Community Forum
- Known Issues
- Release Notes