We’re excited to announce the release of SQL Defrag Manager 3.7
SQL Defrag Manager is an industry leading automated performance solution that detects, documents and fixes SQL Server Index fragmentation. Centralized automation policies can be implemented across large numbers of instances for any size business or enterprise drastically lowering the cost to maintain SQL Server query performance.
What’s New in SQL Defrag Manager 3.7?
The SQL Defrag Manager 3.7 release is focused on providing significant usability and automation improvements with cost benefits for both small and large customers installations while addressing the highest priority customer value cases.
Register now for our upcoming session on maintaining the health of SQL Server using SQL Defrag Manager and see all of the new features in action! Register here!
- The “Scheduled Report” Operation – Administrators can now choose to schedule reports and send them to designated email addresses on specified time-frames in a form of Excel (CSV) or PDF files. This change significantly improves usability and flexibility while saving users a considerable amount of time in their day to day efforts.
- Installation – Addressed compatibility and dependency matters that minimizes conjunctions by upgrading the product to utilize the .NET framework 4.8. These enhancements greatly streamline the installation and initial trial experience and should result in decreased support calls.
- Console Improvements – Added flexibility and resilience to the desktop console to simplify trials and improve overall user experience while also addressing several areas causing poor performance and usability in the desktop console.
End of Life and Extended Support for Windows Server 2008/2008 R2
Windows Server 2008/2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008/2008 R2 have both met their end-of-life and the extended support by Microsoft on July 9, 2019. End-of-life and extended support means the end of regular security updates for any product from Microsoft. The SQL Defrag Manager 3.7 release no longer supports Windows Server 2008/2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008/2008 R2 having IDERA ending product support after an additional two year buffer to allow customers to adapt to the change and update their environments accordingly. The 2008 products were outstanding for their time, however, we highly recommend upgrading to the most current versions for better performance, efficiency, and regular security updates for your testing and production environments.
- Customers can access the new version via the Customer Portal
- New customers can access the trial version via the IDERA website
- Documentation for this new release is available via the documentation wiki
- Product webpage
- Community Forum
- Known Issues
- Product Release Note