This tutorial guides you through the process of setting up IDERA ER/Studio Repository on a Microsoft SQL Server. It is essential to ensure that the SQL Server environment is correctly configured to support ER/Studio Repository.
– SQL Server: Ensure you have Microsoft SQL Server installed (Developer Edition for Test/Dev)
– Standard and Enterprise Edition for Enterprise Deployments
– 64-bit client libraries: These should be pre-installed on your Windows machine.
– SQL Server Agent: Verify that it is running on your SQL Server.
Step 1: Configuring SQL Server
– Case Sensitivity: Ensure the server and database are set to case-insensitive. SQL Server collation should be `SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS`.
– Authentication: Set the SQL Server Configuration Properties to allow SQL Server authentication. Team Server supports only SQL Server Authentication.
– Collation Setting: The database and server collation must be set to `SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS`.
Step 2: Configuring Server Properties
– Communication Protocols: Ensure that the following communication protocols are enabled:
– Shared Memory
– Named Pipes
– ANSI_NULLS Setting: Navigate to Server Properties > Connections and set `ANSI_NULLS` to `On`.
Step 3: Preparing the Database Schema
– Default Schema: The default schema for the Team Server database must be `dbo`.
– Schema Adjustment: If you were using a different schema, move the tables to the `dbo` schema before installing or upgrading Team Server.
Step 4: Installing or Upgrading Team Server
– Follow the standard installation or upgrade procedure provided by IDERA for Team Server, ensuring all the pre-configuration settings are in place.
Step 5: Post-Installation Checks
– Verify Installation: After installation, ensure that ER/Studio Repository functions correctly and can communicate with the SQL Server.
– Backup Plans: It’s recommended to set up regular backup plans for your ER/Studio Repository database.
By following these steps, you should have a properly configured IDERA ER/Studio Repository on your SQL Server, aligning with the server’s specific settings and requirements.
– Always refer to the latest IDERA documentation for any specific instructions or updates regarding installation and configuration.
– Regularly check for updates or patches to maintain the security and efficiency of your setup.
– If you encounter any issues during the installation or operation of ER/Studio Repository, consult IDERA’s support resources or contact their support team for assistance.
This tutorial is designed to provide a clear and concise setup process. It’s crucial to follow each step carefully to ensure a successful setup.